Christmas recipe round up (just in case the world doesn’t end and you still need to bake)

December 21, 2012

I admit, I haven’t done any Christmas baking at all; not a candy cane, eggnog, gingerbread or fruit cake recipe in sight. I was however, planning a last minute Christmas ambush of chocolatey recipes on the blog but as usual, things got away from me and before I knew it, it was the end of the week and nothing has been posted. Oops. But no matter, I’ll save the barrage of sweet posts for the new year :)

That’s if we survive of course…

If today is indeed the end of the world as those nutters claim then I sure didn’t spend my last days very well. But to make up for it, I’ll have a few bottles of my favourite wines that I’ve been saving for a special occasion (I think an apocalypse counts) and a bag of Snickers. Also I’ll have a KFC bucket of chicken for dinner. I’m totally set. And if I’m still here on Saturday, well at least I got my pressie shopping done and I can avoid the malls like a plague. It’s a win-win.

Of course I don’t actually believe in all this bs and I’m secretly using it as an excuse to eat more fried chicken. But in case Christmas is still happening then here is a mega round up of last minute baking ideas for the holidays; all involving chocolate and caramel of some kind because they make me so warm and happy. Gird your loins and elastic-waisted pants people!

(Oh and btw, in case we don’t speak again in the next few days, have a fabulous and amazing Christmas and hope you stuff yourself silly. Go on, make me proud).

1. Salted Caramel Chocolate Truffles

2. Chocolate Espresso Fondants

3. Chocolate Raspberry Pot de Crèmes

4. Fried Chocolate Croquettes

Oh yes I’m serious. Deep fried balls of chocolate.

5. Brioche French Toast with Bananas, Salted Caramel and Vanilla Crème Patissiére.

For breakfast of course!

6. Coconut Pancakes with Salted Caramel and Grilled Bananas

(clearly I need to lay off the caramel and bananas for brekkie)

7. Chocolate Custard Pots with Peanut Cream

8. Flourless Chocolate and Peanut Butter Brownies

9. Mulled Wine Hot Chocolate

10. Chocolate and Coffee Fudge with Vanilla Salt

11. Chocolate Banoffee Tart

Sean Beckingham January 21, 2013 at 08:53

Your photos are wonderful.

Wendy Lee-Warne January 11, 2013 at 06:45

Just chanced upon your blog and LOVE those photos! AMAZING!
Wendy Lee-Warne recently posted..Ho Ho Ho!

Amanda@ChewTown January 10, 2013 at 13:04

Fried chocolate croquettes… you have GOT to be kidding me. I think I’ve just fallen in love with a deep fried chocolate ball.

Vivian - vxdollface January 3, 2013 at 12:45

I’ll have one of everything thanks! haha happy new year x

Martine @ Chompchomp January 1, 2013 at 20:14

Only just discovered your blog thanks to a tip off from Chew Town. Love your photography and these decadent delights!
Martine @ Chompchomp recently posted..Gluten free potato cake with smoked salmon

Yii-Huei December 29, 2012 at 22:49

Oh my goodness, I was literally gasping at each different title (fried chocolate croquettes?!) and drooling over each photo!
Yii-Huei recently posted..Basics: Pesto

Christine @ Cooking Crusade December 26, 2012 at 10:50

An amazing collection of beautiful recipes! Hope you had a fabulous and delicious Christmas with your loved ones Karen! xx
Christine @ Cooking Crusade recently posted..Christmas Truffles

ROBYN LITTLE December 23, 2012 at 00:26

Hi Karen,
What a stunning collection of sweet offerings so beautifully styled and photographed! Thanks for sharing your glorious talent so generously with us. All the very best to you, The Captain and your gorgeous Kiki for a wonderful and joyous festive season.

Kindest regards,
Robyn.

thelittleloaf December 22, 2012 at 20:17

Drool. Want it all. Chocolate at Christmas is best :-)
thelittleloaf recently posted..Mini Chocolate Amaretto Yule Logs

Jemaust December 21, 2012 at 19:38

I logged on today to get the receipe for the choc cherry cheese cake! Now i have a recipe for every day i have off over christmas. Thanks so much, wishing you a great xmas (filled with chocolate) jem

Renee December 21, 2012 at 13:43

beautiful! happy Christmas!
Renee recently posted..White Chocolate & Rosemary Cranberry Blondies

PhotoMonkey December 21, 2012 at 13:04

That all looks delicious!
PhotoMonkey recently posted..Vote for me to become an Expedia Blogger! (Please)

Allison Day December 21, 2012 at 10:06

My goodness! These are all gorgeous, and I totally want one of everything. LOVE your photography style, too! ^_^
Allison Day recently posted..Five Spice Chicken Drumsticks

tania@mykitchenstories.com.au December 21, 2012 at 09:24

An oh so lovely round up of beautiful photos and things that will make me fat and happy
tania@mykitchenstories.com.au recently posted..Easy Semifreddo, No Churn Icecream

Tina @ bitemeshowme December 21, 2012 at 08:13

Wishing you a happy and merry Christmas Karen, that’s if we have a Christmas …. and I am going to make your chocolate banoffee tart for christmas dessert! I can’t wait! :D xx
Tina @ bitemeshowme recently posted..Home Cafe, Chinatown

missklicious December 21, 2012 at 07:37

Thanks for the recipes! That chocolate banoffee pie looks divine – will have to give it a go this christmas!
missklicious recently posted..MGM Butterfly Pavillion – MGM Grand, Macau