My festive cookie run continues, and this time, with thanks to Donna Hay. As always, I’ve been inundated with egg whites and since I’m still avoiding macarons and meringues, I happily stumbled across this recipe. I don’t normally cook from Donna Hay but if it will help put a dent into my growing stockpile of whites, then I’m all for it! If you like chewy, nutty, spicy and not too sweet (because you’re already sweet enough naturally!), then you’ll probably like these. Not a fan of macadamias? Then feel free to substitute with almonds, pecans or (my favourite), pistachios.
Now for a change of subject! I always feel warm and fuzzy when I get these so big candy kisses to the lovely Raspberri Cupcakes, who is the bestower of the Over The Top Award (I’m assuming ‘over the top’ in a good way right?). So if you’re curious about the lass behind the blog, then read on. If not, then scroll down and skip straight to the recipe after the jump. I promise no hard feelings… much.
1. Where is your cell phone? *searching*
2. Your hair? Dark
3. Your mother? Crazy
4. Your father? Eating
5. Your favorite food? Pastry
6. Your dream last night? Sexy ;P
7. Your favorite drink? Coke
8. Your dream/goal? GT500
9. What room are you in? TV
10. Your hobby? Baking
11. Your fear? Monotony
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Travelling
13. Where were you last night? Home
14. Something that you aren’t? Meek
15. Muffins? Buttered
16. Wish list item? HSVClubsport
17. Where did you grow up? Perth
18. Last thing you did? Twitter!
19. What are you wearing? Trackies
20. Your TV? ShaunoftheDead
21. Your pets? Dog
22. Friends? Awesome
23. Your life? Dog&Captain
24. Your mood? Hungry
25. Missing someone? Captain
26. Vehicle? Commodore
27. Something you’re not wearing? Socks
28. Your favorite store? Patisseries
29. Your favorite color? Purple
30. When was the last time you laughed? Today
31. Last time you cried? *thinking*
32. Your best friend? Captain
33. One place that I go to over and over? Pokolbin
34. One person who emails me regularly? Steph (:P)
35. Favorite place to eat? Malaysia
Ok enough babbling and on to the recipe! To see which 6 bloggers I’ve awarded it to, head straight to the bottom of the post.
Spiced Macadamia Cookies
200g macadamia nuts
220g caster sugar
1/2 tsp of mixed spice
1/4 tsp ground star anise
1 tsp vanilla extract
45g plain flour
2 egg whites
raw sugar for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the nuts, sugar, spices and vanilla in a food processor and process until nuts are chopped finely.
Add the flour and egg whites and process until just combined.
Drop rounded tablespoons of the cookie mixture onto baking trays lined with baking paper or silicon mats, allowing a few centimetres between to allow for spreadage.
Sprinkle cookies with raw sugar and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Cool cookies on the tray.
(recipe adapted from Donna Hay)
Now continuing from the Over The Top Award…
Can I just take the easy route out and award to every single blogger on the planet?! No? Damn. Anyway here are 6 bloggers that I would love to know more about:
(in no particular order)
No pressure but feel free to take part! The rules are to give one word answers to the same 35 questions above and award it to any 6 bloggers you wish. Don’t forget to thank and link to your bestower in your post (that’ll be moi) as well as to notify the blogs that you have given the award to. Have fun!